Market Update

Avi Gilburt

This page features Avi Gilburt's nightly analysis of the S&P 500. Articles are made available on this public page 72 hours after posted live for subscribers to Avi's Flagship and Nightly services. For Avi's complete coverage, which includes analysis of the S&P 500, Metals (GDX, GLD, YI), Oil (USO), and US Dollar, plus a wide range of market coverage by our analyst team and a live member discussion forum, please login.

Market's Direct Push Lower Opens the Door to a Bottom Forming

This article will be available to the public in about 1 day. To read it now, sign up for a free trial. Current members, simply log in.
by Mike Golembesky - 1 day ago

Market Is Setting Up For Lower Levels

This article will be available to the public in about 21 hours. To read it now, sign up for a free trial. Current members, simply log in.
by Mike Golembesky - 2 days ago

Quick Morning Update - Market Analysis for Oct 22nd, 2026

This article will be available to the public in about 16 hours. To read it now, sign up for a free trial. Current members, simply log in.
by Avi Gilburt - 2 days ago

Nothing Strongly Bullish YET

This article will be available to the public in about 6 hours. To read it now, sign up for a free trial. Current members, simply log in.
by Avi Gilburt - 2 days ago

Market Fails to Give Us Convincing Evidence That It's Ready to Break Higher

Today, we saw the market rally higher, keeping the path alive to see another higher high. However, we have since retraced back lower at a fairly key level, which is giving us further evidence that we are indeed working on the yellow wave b and will see lower levels before breaking out to new highs. On the smaller-degree timeframes, this would look better with a very small push over today's HOD to finish off the wave v of (c) of b in Ending Diagonal form, but the rejection right at the 61.8 retrace certainly is a warning sign that this may be topping sooner rather than later.
by Mike Golembesky - 3 days ago

Market Is Not Making This Easy

While the market did drop to the support box I outlined as my preference in yesterday’s update, and we did rally off that as a 3rd wave normally would, we stopped short of the minimum target for a wave iii of 3, which has added some complexity to the region within which we now find ourselves.So, I was debating whether I should wait until the end of the day to do the update. But, I decided I am going to lay out the paths before the end of the day, and that is what the rest of this update presents.Let’s start with the yellow count.
by Avi Gilburt - 4 days ago

Probabilities For Higher Highs Have Increased

If you read my analysis over the weekend, you would know that I was watching the rally off Friday’s low very carefully to see if we get any clues that the market may still try to reach higher highs, as per the blue alternative count.Most specifically, we were seeking a reasonable 5-wave structure off the low. And, the futures seem to have provided us with that structure in the after hours market into the overnight session on Sunday night. I have included that wave count on the 3-minute ES chart attached. Thereafter, we seem to be tracing out a corrective wave 2, which you can also see on the 3-minute ES chart.
by Avi Gilburt - 5 days ago

Market Testing the Lower End of Support

With today's sharp drop, the risk of the market having already put in a top in the larger diagonal off of the June 9th low has certainly increased. We are currently testing the lower end of the key support zone for the potential wave b, as I am showing in white on the SPX chart. However, if we continue to push lower over the weekend and early next week, then we will have confirmation that we have indeed topped in all of the diagonal off of the June lows.For now, I will be keeping a very close eye on the 7585 level below, which represents the 76.4% retracement level from the move up off of the September 16th low.
by Mike Golembesky - 1 week ago

Quick Morning Update - Market Analysis for Oct 16th, 2026

Due to the size of this rally and the fact that it seems we only had 3 waves into the last low, I am going to modify the blue count to be a 4th wave with an expanded b-wave low.  That means this can still push a bit higher and still be wave (iv).  But, take note that if all we see is a corrective pullback from up here, and then break out through the 89.72 level, this opens the door in a big way to the correction having completed.  So, as long as we remain below 89.72, I am looking down for another decline.  If we get the i-ii and then break out over 89.
by Avi Gilburt - 1 week ago

Quick Update - Market Analysis for Oct 15th, 2026

I posted this in the room earlier, and wanted to put it out to everyone, since there is still some risk of which you should be aware:"I want to show you the one thing that is making me hold my hedges for now.  Until we get back over 89.72 and without a CLEAR 5 wave decline completion, there is potential for a (i)(ii) downside structure for the yellow count. So, there is still some risk here you need to be aware of.  Getting back over 89.
by Avi Gilburt - 1 week ago

  Matched “”
x